What’s new in Sage 100 Contractor v22
by Pam Schulz, Sage Certified Consultant
Something for everyone!
HOT features include:
- Bank Posting and Bank/Credit Card Reconciliation Improvements
- Major changes to the “final save” in the Bank Reconciliation process now allow viewing, and even reversal of a previously “final” saved bank reconciliation
- The Bank Reconciliation window has been made more friendly
- Sort by item amount button has been added
- The Credit Card Reconciliation window has been made more friendly
- Subtotals by credit card have been added
New options make transfers between accounts easier
Both the Checks and Bank Charges (menu option 1-1) and the Deposits/Interest (menu option 1-2) screens have new options to “Transfer Between Accounts.” Using this menu option creates two transactions in the General Ledger, using a clearing account in both transactions. This allows the bank reconciliations of the affected accounts to be done without the errors that previously occurred with accounts that were not reconciled “in order.”
Command Level Security
In addition to the existing menu and field level security, some of the Post Commands and other options can now be controlled.
- Recurring Transactions; menu option 1-4; the POST commands are controllable by security (previously “anyone” could post in this window)
- Accounts Receivable (Job setup) Menu option 3-5; the VIEW button/option for the Budget, AR invoices, etc., are all controllable by security
New Takeoff Options in Basic Estimating
The new “Templates” features allow more flexibility and greater visibility of job templates by allowing you to build a “template” without assigning it to a job. Another (brilliant!) use of this would be to create “alternate” estimates for a job.
The templates are viewable without replacing an existing job estimate. The templates can be modified and resaved. This is more flexible than the current method of importing and exporting “takeoff” files.
Sage has created a Message Center and a Message Carousel to enable you to receive product-specific messages from Sage. Messages can include Support Updates (including Critical Alerts), Update Notices, Promotions and a variety of Sage Communications. Each user can set preferences to enable or disable for the types of messages to receive (with the exception of support alerts).
Critical messages are displayed when the program is started.
The Message Carousel is accessed by clicking the Message button at the bottom of the Home Screen. Messages are displayed one at a time and can be marked, and dismissed here.
The Message Center is accessed through Home & Resources>Sage Messaging>Message Center. Messages are displayed in a Grid and can be marked, and dismissed here.
- A new option to provide a warning in Accounts Payable if an invoice is being posted to a vendor without a Subcontract, and the warning is turned on.
- Use tax reporting for use tax on payable invoices
- Better sorting of many grids
- New Over/Under reporting options
- Payroll Records posted to the wrong checking account can easily be corrected
- The text in Notes fields can be resized
And EVEN more…
You can easily access the upgrade files through Sage Advisor Update (loaded on your computer) or through a Sage City update (join Sage City if you have not already done so.)
As a reminder, many of the product enhancements originated with USER suggestions! Be active in your Sage 100 Contractor development by submitting Product Enhancement suggestions. This is easy and accessible — see the “Submit Product Idea” option in the Home & Resources menu on your Sage 100 Contractor desktop.