What’s new in Sage 100 Contractor V. 21
by Pam Schulz, Sage Certified Consultant
Lots of enhancements and improvements, to start!
Sage 100 Contractor 2018 (version 21) is here, and there are SO many enhancements and improvements!
Start with the Release Notes
Start by reviewing the Release Notes with each version. You can access these from the main screen, under the “Home and Resources” tab. Click the “What’s New” option to view Release Notes. Note the items listed in the “We’ve Been Listening to You!” section to see the many Customer Product Enhancement Requests that have been included in the new version. (This is a reminder to submit your own Product Ideas — in the same Home and Resources tab there is a selection for this.)
THIS VERSION IN PARTICULAR REQUIRES THAT YOU RE-ENTER YOUR LICENSE INFORMATION AFTER UPDATING.
This release has enhancements for almost everyone! Here are some highlights:
Sage Bank Feeds
This new feature will allow the downloading and matching of bank transactions with your Sage data. This will make the bank reconciliation SO much easier!
Streamlined log ins
Logging in and getting exclusive access has been streamlined. Users can now be granted the ability to log in exclusively, or NOT, and users without options like “Administrative rights do not see the options.”
“Looking up” is now easier; from finding Employees by Last Names, to new features that make finding a PO or Subcontract while entering an AP invoice.
Payroll will be easier with new ways to create timecards for Salaried employees, as well as better export from Daily Payroll into timecards. New tracking for Employee Raise History and updated Sick Leave Accrual features for US Federal jobs are included in the update.
- Some of the “pesky” printing issues have been resolved
- Reports exported to Excel will now be exported as “unprotected”
- On Project Management reports, the Default Accounting Period will no longer automatically populate
- Zero balance Inactive GL accounts will no longer cause unnecessary clutter on Financial Reports
- Emailing Direct Deposit pay stubs can now be done at a selected time
- For those wishing to balance their Direct Expense General Ledger accounts and specific Cost Types, there is a new option to validate entries and ensure that the correct accounts and types are used
- The Takeoff screen has another enhancement (Row Tags were very cool last release)- now the Searching function has been expanded to allow more than one grid at a time
As always, it is important to review the instructions when downloading and installing updates. REMEMBER: THIS VERSION IN PARTICULAR REQUIRES THAT YOU RE-ENTER YOUR LICENSE INFORMATION AFTER UPDATING.
If you would need help with the new features, or training on how to get the most from your software, use the form below to request an appointment with a consultant.