The Power to Choose Your Technology
Borrowed from Sage — Part One
by Joanie Hollabaugh | LAI Sr. Director of Marketing
Clearly, LAI wants to be your business solution provider for life. We acknowledge that some accounting solutions we offer are, ahem, “legacy” products (perhaps because we have been selling/supporting them for over two decades).
Well, we want new choices, too! We’ve been on the search for newer, dare we say, sexier solutions for you. So as your Sage Value Added Partner, we’ve become early adopters of the most innovative, technology-forward solutions, and at the same time, supporting Sage Construction to continue improving the ‘older’ products.
The Power of Choice
We are totally on board with (borrowing) Sage’s new campaign, “The Power of Choice.” Simply put, you select the technology for how you want to do business.
LAI is devoted to informing you of opportunities to move to the cloud, designing hybrid solutions, or endorsing your desire to remain totally on-premise. We’re agnostic to your technology preference — we simply want you to be prosperous and delighted with your choices. So come along for the Power of Choice ride over the next few quarters (and maybe longer), as we introduce and evaluate new products and partners as they become available to the market. And thank you, for your trust and your business.
What’s new in Products
While some things are still in development, 2020 is going to be BIG for “disruption.” This is what we can share right now. More to come each month via this newsletter. (Tell your co-workers to sign up here.)
Sage + Procore
If you attended Procore’s “Groundbreak” in Phoenix in October, you could feel the love these former frenemies were exuding (Missed it? Relive it here). LAI could not be happier that these two giants have locked arms. The power of Sage 300 CRE job-based accounting integrated with Procore’s exceptional project management capabilities is a winner for all.
Sage Intacct for Construction
The ‘worst kept secret’ was officially announced at the Sage Advantage event last month – a cloud version of Intacct for Construction! Sage Intacct is a true ERP cloud platform, is GAAP compliant and AICPA’s preferred provider — and YES, we use it internally. So we know the system from the ground up. Talk about drinking your own champagne!
What does all of this mean for you?
- If you’re an existing Procore user, it means you can connect project management data to Sage CRE financials in Sage 100 Contractor, Sage 300 CRE and next year with Sage Intacct.
- If you’re a Sage 300 CRE client who wants the power of Procore, you don’t have to find, purchase, and migrate to a whole new accounting system.
- If you’re ready to move from your on-premise CRE system to the cloud Sage Intacct is launching a basic GL and payroll version in Q1 2020, while continually adding more construction modules (vis a vis CRE)
- If you’re happy with your current 100 CON or Sage 300 CRE – these products are continuing to be enhanced and will be supported for 10+ years. Plus, there are many mobile and subscription options for you – Sage Construction Project Center, Sage Paperless, Sage Field Operations, and Sage Service Operations, to name a few.
- Like the Salesforce model, Sage Intacct comes with an eco-system of third-party integrators which adds other cloud-based business functionalities, like tax compliance, IoT, AI, field communication and more. We will be highlighting individual ‘Marketplace Partners’ in our continuing Power of Choice installments.
When does all of this happen?
- The Sage and Procore integration is already live for both 100 CON and 300 CRE
- Sage Intacct for Construction will launch an early adopter release in February and general availability in May. They also do four releases per year and will be adding many features on a quarterly basis, which automatically pushes into your software.
- Intacct and Procore integration will be available in the February release (of Intacct).