Better Estimates by every measure
Put your best estimate forward
To win more work and ensure every project’s profitability, you have to build estimates with more speed and precision than ever before. Let SQL-based Sage Estimating do the heavy lifting for you. With features like 2D and 3D electronic takeoff, efficient smart assemblies, alternate cost options, and built-in analysis tools, you’ll build more estimates with quicker precision.
Speed up accurate takeoff
Want to spend less time on takeoff? Sage Estimating integrates with the most popular digital takeoff software to create one streamlined estimating process. You can take off quantities directly from 2D electronic plans, even 3D models, with greater accuracy and in less time than using a digitizer or manual methods.
- Prevent omissions with an on-screen plan view of what you have already sent to the estimate.
- Take off all the quantities of a wall or other building component in just one step using smart assemblies.
- Electronically count multiples of the same item across a set of drawings.
- Easily combine 2D and 3D takeoff in one estimate.
- Automatically update the estimate whenever changes are made to the 2D drawing or 3D model
New features, functionality & repackaging include:
- Modularization provides product packaging that provides choice, scale, and flexibility based on functional need and complexity.
- Alternates give estimators the ability to filter and present estimates based upon the various ‘options’ that might be included in or excluded from the final approved project scope.
- Data Connector delivers additional capabilities, enhancing Excel integration that allows estimators to quickly import or export Alternates or WBS values, and enables sharing of common WBS libraries and pre-fill of WBS lists.
- No more dongles! Virtual Licensing eliminates the need for physical USB devices and product activation codes. (Note: Databases still require activation codes.)
- Ribbon, Shortcut Menu Refinements offer improved look and feel and simplified (content specific) spreadsheet shortcut menu.
- Sage 100 Contractor integration enables integration between Sage 100 Contractor (SQL) and Sage SQL Estimating.
- And much more including WBS selection workflow, insert columns, and non-unique estimate names.
Sage Estimating Core versus Core Plus
This matrix will help you decide which version of Sage Estimating and which server (SQL or Pervasive) fits with your bidding needs:
Industry Cost Databases & Knowledgebases
LAI offer four types of industry-standard resources to add accuracy and speed to your Sage Estimating Core or Estimating Core Plus software:
- Sage Advanced Assembly databases
- Sage Estimating databases
- Sage Estimating knowledgebases
- Construction Support Services (CSS) knowledgebases
For a list of Cost Databases and Knowledgebases, click here.