Sage 100 Contractor for the Construction Boom
Contributed by Walt Mathieson, Certified Sage Consultant
Sage 100 Contractor is chock full of useful and time saving tools!
If you’re looking to ramp up for a construction boom, or are currently a user (and need to implement/tweak these procedures), the following features are time-saving, business enhancing tools:
- Track vendor and subcontractor insurance certificates (also good for tracking contractor license expirations and annual subcontractor agreements).
- Prepare fully executable subcontract agreements from within the system, whether each subcontract is a complete, free standing agreement, or a short form work order pursuant to an annual (or multiple year) subcontract agreement. Include a prefilled application for payment form with the subcontract or work order.
- Prepare complete and effective purchase orders to ease materials purchasing and subsequent payables processing.
- Use Document Management to prepare and track in one place:
- Requests for Proposals
- Requests for Information
- Daily Field Reports
- Punch Lists
- Project Correspondence
- Consider using Scheduling to plan work and keep all subcontractors, staff, and clients apprised of project status. When subcontractors and staff know when they are expected to complete their work, their satisfaction improves and subs in particular may be more willing to work with you.
Profits tend to improve drastically when projects are completed timely! Interested in learning more about Sage 100 Contractor? Email Mark Jensen today!