Managing Favorites in Sage 300 CRE ‘Desktop’
by Kyle Zeigler, Sage Senior Certified Consultant
Easier navigation and more features!
The new Sage Desktop introduced in version 16.1 brings easier navigation among the Sage 300 CRE applications and more features than ever before. Users can now easily have multiple Crystal Reports available at the same time, as well as quick access to Sage mobile applications, the Sage Knowledgebase, Sage City, and other web pages of the user’s choice.
And what was formerly My Tasks is now Favorites – shortcuts to the Sage tasks, inquiries, reports and tools selected by the user and ordered and grouped in whatever way makes the most sense for the user’s daily, weekly, monthly and annual workflows.
To create your own completely custom lists of Favorites, follow these procedures:
- In Desktop, select Options > Manage Favorites.
- In the Favorites Manager window, right-click in the left-hand pane and select Add New Group.
- Give the group a name.
- Click OK.
- In the right-hand pane, click on the Sage application that contains the Task, Setup, Inquiry, Reports or Tools element that you want to add to the new group.
- Click on the element and drag and drop it to the new group until you see the message “Add to [Group Name].”
- Continue creating your custom groups and adding elements as desired.
- You can right-click on group names or group elements to rename them, move them up or down in the list, and copy or delete them.
- You can also right-click a group name to add a shortcut to one of the following:
- A file available on your computer or network.
- Another program available on your computer or network.
- A web link.
- When you are satisfied with your Favorites, click Save.
If you would like assistance with any aspect of Sage Desktop or with any other Sage 300 CRE support need, please contact Ledgerwood Associates at 480-423-8300.