Biggest Sage Estimating release in a decade!
by Joanie Hollabaugh
Announcing Sage Estimating SQL v17.11!
On May 30th, 2017 Sage Estimating SQL v17.11 was released to Sage 300CRE and S100 Contractor customers and became available to order for new customers.
Sage Estimating has been repackaged, including new functionality and modernized deployment—evolving and innovating to meet the demands of customers and the market. And now Estimating Standard customers have a clear migration path to SQL.
New features, functionality & repackaging include:
- Modularization provides product packaging that provides choice, scale, and flexibility based on functional need and complexity.
- Alternates give estimators the ability to filter and present estimates based upon the various ‘options’ that might be included in or excluded from the final approved project scope.
- Data Connector delivers additional capabilities, enhancing Excel integration that allows estimators to quickly import or export Alternates or WBS values, and enables sharing of common WBS libraries and pre-fill of WBS lists.
- Virtual Licensing eliminates the need for physical USB devices and product activation codes. (Note: Databases still require activation codes.)
- Ribbon, Shortcut Menu Refinements offer improved look and feel and simplified (content specific) spreadsheet shortcut menu.
- Sage 100 Contractor integration enables integration between Sage 100 Contractor (SQL) and Sage SQL Estimating.
- And much more including WBS selection workflow, insert columns, non-unique estimate names
FREE Upgrade for existing clients (on plan)!
In an unprecedented move – Sage is not charging for the upgrade from Pervasive to SQL!
From the Sage CRE division in Beaverton, OR:
…there will be no module upgrade charge to existing on-plan Sage Estimating Standard users for migration to Sage Estimating CORE (version 17.11); there will also be no module upgrade charge to existing on-plan Sage Estimating Extended users for migration to Sage Estimating CORE Plus (version 17.11).
To be perfectly honest, Sage eventually will no longer support the Pervasive version. Plus, being SQL-based, there’s more features and functionality available in this modern version. To that point, Sage created a nifty Pervasive versus SQL Feature Comparison matrix you can download here: PERVASIVE -vs- SQL Feature Comparison Matrix
Additionally, there are new modules – “Crews,” “Models,” and “Advanced Reporting” that will make the solution more customizable.
’86’ the hardware!
Ding, dong the dongle’s dead! New customers will get to avoid the physical hardware requirement of the dreaded dongle, and further manage upgrades and releases via downloads.
Downloading version 17.11
Download the software from the Knowledgebase:
- Click the following link to access the download article for Sage Estimating (SQL) 17.11:
Sage Estimating (SQL) 17.11
- If you are prompted to log on, enter your Customer Portal Username and Password, and then click Log on.